Welcome to the SelfhelpMagazine Discussion Forums
CODE OF CONDUCT
Before you enter any of our specific Forums, we ask that you take a moment to read this important information about SelfhelpMagazine's (SHM) principles and policies. Using our Web site constitutes your agreement to abide by these principles and policies, otherwise known as the SelfhelpMagazine's Code of Conduct. If you do not want to agree to our Code of Conduct, please do not enter our Discussion Forums.
SHM is provided by Pioneer Development
Resources, Inc. In this document, "we" refers to Pioneer Development Resources, Inc., (also herein abbreviated as "PDR"), "user" refers to You, and "Service Agreement" refers to our SelfhelpMagazine Service
Agreement (accessible through a link at the bottom of all our main webpages, as well as on the next page of this entrance to our Discussion Forums).
As a user, you are subject to the terms of the Service Agreement, and any other rules that we may publish from time to time. Users who violate the terms of the Service Agreement may be banned permanently from using SHM's Member Services.
To participate in our Discussion Forums, we require that you accept and adhere to our principles and policies. These reminders appear at the top of all Discussion Forum pages:
- email addresses
- links to self-serving or self-promotional websites
- offensive Material
- off topic posts
- phone numbers
- sexually explicit references
- slanderous statements
- research questions
- suicide threats
- threats to other members
will be removed.
We now give you further detail related to the above mentioned issues, along with information about other related policies and principles:
By selecting "Agree" below, you agree to and accept all of the policies and principles set forth in the SelfhelpMagazine Code of Conduct.
I Agree |
I Do Not Agree
- We welcome adults of all ages, races, religions, genders, national origins, sexual orientations and points of view. We do not tolerate expressions of bigotry, hatred, harassment; stalking or other abusive behavior.
- The SHM Discussion Forums are a commercial service, and not a public service. Your right to speak freely here must be exercised with courtesy and self-restraint. When you enter SHM, it is like entering any other privately-owned facility, such as a class room, auditorium, movie theater, restaurant, or shopping mall. We expect you to be well mannered and respectful of the rights of others. The etiquette and laws of the "real world" apply, and we have the right to remove you just as we would in the "real world" if you fail to comply with the rules. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Because we encourage discussion and exchange of ideas, we do not allow threatening, defamatory, abusive, tasteless or indecorous statements. For the same reason, we do not allow vulgar material in conversations, topics or nicknames. In offering the SHM Discussion Forums, we seek to promote personal communication in an atmosphere of mutual respect. You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted through your behavior here. We are unable to predict, much less control, your conduct, and so we expressly deny responsibility or liability toward you. We do our best to encourage healthy communication and to discourage communication we determine to be disruptive. Nonetheless, we are a volunteer organization, and therefore do not promise to remove offensive postings within any specified amount of time.
- We recognize that children and teens need to have discussion areas that are appropriate for them, but we do not offer them at this website. We also do not allow discussions that suggest or encourage interaction between children or teens and adults for improper or illegal purposes. For the same reason, we do not allow sexually-suggestive innuendoes or double entendres. If you are under the age of eighteen, this site is not developed for you. Please leave now, and do not return.
- We allow legal activities only. You cannot use our Discussion Forums or any other part of SHM to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, or computer programs. In addition, we do not allow the trading or swapping of images that are sexually explicit. Additionally, even though impersonating someone else may not be illegal in all jurisdictions, we will do our best to prevent you from doing so in our Discussion Forums.
- We do not encourage Discussion Forum participants to give personal identifying information or passwords to anyone in any of our interactive areas. Users should be aware that, when they disclose personal identifying information such as their actual names, member names, telephone numbers, street addresses, personal websites, e-mail addresses, etc., in any online interactive area, the information may be collected and used by others to send users unsolicited e-mail from other parties, or to engage in stalking or other forms of harassment. We deplore such behavior, but we have no power to prevent it. Prevention falls to the user, by withholding all information of the sort that can lead to such abuse. Stalking of others in our Discussion Forums or in another manner, is a serious offense. In many areas, such behavior is considered to be a criminal act. Whether it is forbidden in your jurisdiction or not, it is forbidden in the SHM website.
- We cannot guarantee the content of comments that you will receive while you are online. Other people's comments may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate. While we may offer Discussion Forums on a broad range of topics, our staff, authors and guests do not offer professional or medical advice of any kind, and we take no responsibility for their communications, either through our website or privately with you, or your reactions to them.
- We do not allow bots or scripts to be placed on our server by anyone but our own staff. We also do not allow posting or use of computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc. Anyone attempting to install such programs on our server will be reported to the proper authorities at our sole discretion.
- We do not allow commercial activity we have not authorized. We encourage communication between our members, but posting or transmitting of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation to other users is not allowed. This means we do not allow you to advertise your product by listing your website address or email address in our interactive areas. If you do so, we reserve the right to ban you from any area or areas of SHM, at our sole discretion.
- Without limiting the generality of any other disclaimer in the Service Agreement, neither we, nor our partners, nor our advertisers nor our third party content providers make any warranty with respect to any content, information or services provided through, or in conjunction with, our Discussion Forums, articles, reviews, cartoons or any other features of SHM. PDR, our partners, advertisers and third party content providers are not liable for conduct by any user of any part of SHM. PDR, our partners, advertisers, and third party content providers also make no guarantee of the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information on the SHM website, and are not responsible for (i) any errors of omission arising from the use of such information; (ii) any failures, delays or interruptions in the delivery of any content or service contained within the site; or (iii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within user postings. As a user, you agree to indemnify PDR, its volunteers, staff, contributors, employees, officers, directors, partners, advertisers, and third party content providers against any and all claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from the misuse of any part of our website. This expressly includes (i) user responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights, and (ii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within user Discussion Forum postings.
- These message boards are maintained as a convenience for public participation among its members. All contributions must conform with the owner's requirements and policies. Users are individually liable for their own contributions and the web site owner expressly disclaims all responsibility or liability for any contributions. By posting a contribution, you grant to the web site owner a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use, copy, license, sublicense, adapt, distribute, display, publicly perform, reproduce, transmit, modify, edit and otherwise exploit such contribution, in all media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against the web site owner for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such contributions. The web site owner reserves the right to monitor its message board and to modify or remove specific content that it deems a violation of its requirements and policies, but the web site owner has no obligation to do this. The web site owner reserves the right to disclose any information necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post, or remove any information in whole or in part that in the web site owner's sole discretion is objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.